09 October 2009

Musings

After five days of almost non-stop work, it’s finally finished. The paper that is, and with it, the introductory course.

The introductory course was pretty amazing, Francis and Penelope Warner will forever reign as two of the neatest people in my mind. Their humor, generosity, humility, and genuineness are something I am extremely grateful for. Eventually I’ll finish processing all the information that they gave us in our two courses, Great Britain in the Elizabethan Era, and Great Britain in the Victorian Era. What we learned was fascinating, but I’m not sure it’s all soaked in. 
I’ve been writing a paper non-stop for almost two weeks, and I finally submitted it tonight. I feel highly inadequate, but we’ll see what the people grading my work think about said work. 

Now that I finally have my tutorials scheduled, I’m hoping to be able to start posting with a bit more regularity. I’ve finally settled in, and I have my tutorials scheduled. Maybe I can actually work out a schedule from now on. Maybe. No guarantees.

This term I am taking Music History: Medieval to Baroque, and Celtic Studies. Both tutors seem wonderful, and I am very honored to be able to have the opportunity to study with them. I met with both tutors this week to receive the syllabi and first paper assignments. So after finishing one paper, it’s time to start the next. Uh-oh... 

No comments:

Post a Comment