09 February 2010

Busy!

This last weekend two friends came to visit, which has kept me plenty busy, and the next two and a half days I'm off to London to keep my brother and sister-in-law's kids for them. Life is definitely rolling along, but here are a couple of musings for the week:

1. The London Eye is a handy way to show you the entire city of London... in a half an hour.

2. Staying up until 4 am repeatedly is not considered an all-nighter if you spend it talking with your friends because you can't handle wasting any time while they're visiting.

3. Occasionally crazy people give you commentary on your life. Your job is to take that into account, and laugh later with friends. (There's a story for that).

4. Teatime is every time.

5. Toast with Nutella at 3 am are calories that don't count because you're not actually awake.

6. Crocheting is not an adequate replacement for practicing the piano 2 hours every day. I'm about to go crazy over here.

7. The train into London is cheaper than the bus after you've purchased the 16-25 railcard. Round trip at off-peak times with a PLUS-BUS pass for Oxford on the day of my return costs a little less than a round trip on the LondonTube. And there's less travel time. And I won't get bus-sick. How Fan-Tas-Tic is that?

8. Tacking 63 photos onto your wall takes a lot of time.

9. I now own more sweaters than all other items in my wardrobe combined. This is what a study-year in England will do to you.

10. The Spice Counter at the Farmers Market has the coolest things. Including a gluten-free cereal I was really really missing from the States. Hello Enviro Kids Cocoa puffs!!!

11. I really miss my sister. :(

1 comment:

  1. I miss you too! I really wish I was going to be with you the next few days as you keep the nephews. :(

    ReplyDelete