24 January 2010

Sunrise, Sunset and a little reminder of Spring

I have an ironic title for this post, considering I never see the sun. However, today was one of those rare days when the sun conquers the clouds for a few moments (commence the rejoicing parades). On this particular sun trumping rain and fog day I was sitting inside for most of it near my open windows (yes, I'm a mite chilly, but that's okay, it's like still having my sister with me) trying to accomplish some reading. But lo and behold, I looked up at almost 17:00, and realized... the sun had not completely set yet. It's beginning to be a little overcast, but it's definitely still daylight out there.
How intriguing. When I left England to go home for that two weeks, the sun was setting almost before 4:30. And now it's almost five before sunset?
Hallelujah, praise Jesus! The end of winter is in my sights!

2 comments: